Da, sunt de acord „La mulţi ani România!”… dar nu aşa. E o sărbătoare mohorâtă azi. Nici nu vreau să vorbesc despre halul în care se află ţara. Probabil pe blogul meu nu va defila prea multă lume, poate doar cei ce n-au mers prin târg să caşte ochii la manifestaţii de tot felul, omagii, defilări, depuneri de coroane, zdrăngăneală cu mici, muzică populară cu ciolan şi fasole, recitaluri cu cârnaţi la grătar iar seara retrageri cu torţe şi artificii puşcate-n vânt pe bani publici… în fine, pomană electorală combinată cu comerţ sărbătoresc la tarabă, într-o atmosferă voit festivistă. Deci, pentru cei rămaşi acasă, care au ignorat canalele tv, am publicat o glumiţă… Câtă lipsă de patriotism! E în engleză!
A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine:
House, for instance, is feminine, ‘la casa’
Pencil, however, is masculine, ‘el lapiz’.
A student asked, „What gender is ‘computer’?”
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The boys’ group decided that ‘computer’ should definitely be of the feminine gender, ‘la computadora’, because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay check on accessories for it.
The girls’ group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine,’el computador’, because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can’t think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The girls won.